Potomac Strategy Group is a one-stop communications shop, excelling at delivering quality news coverage and media to corporate and political clients, based in Austin, TX.
Positive press coverage is not a result of sheer luck, but rather through careful analysis, strategic planning, and efficient execution. In this 24/7 news cycle, winning the message of the day has never been more important.
- Media Relations: Respond to press inquiries, manage media relationships, serve as spokesman, and pitch local, regional, and national media
- Writing: Draft op-eds, press releases, speeches, website content, and email appeals for regular distribution
- Op-ed Placement: Write and place local, regional, and national op-eds to introduce a narrative or shape policy
- Crisis Communications: Advise executives and develop effective press-ready materials, help field media and investigative inquiries, and improve media coverage
- Grassroots / Grasstops: Develop grassroots supporters and community leaders for issue advocacy campaigns
- Media Monitoring and Rapid Response: Create a client-specific media monitoring or war room capability to help your organization accurately measure coverage and create an in-house team to effectively respond to negative blog and news stories
- Communications Audit: Evaluate communications strategy and capabilities and offer a thorough review with recommendations and suggested implementation techniques
- Opposition Research: Conduct comprehensive and sensitive corporate and political research in-house; over 20 years of research experience
- Digital Media: Develop cutting-edge digital strategy and execution to fully leverage a message, reach new audiences, and respond to negative attacks
- Media Training: Prepare executives or politicians for media appearances by offering insight into television, radio, and print interview tactics
Matt Mackowiak | President
Matt has served as a senior communications aide for two U.S. Senators and a Governor, managed the second largest county in Iowa for the Bush-Cheney reelection campaign, and worked at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and in White House advance. He is a weekly columnist for The Washington Times and he hosts a national politics podcast, “Mack on Politics.” He writes a monthly column for The Hill and The New York Observer. He provides regular political analysis for MSNBC, Sky News, BBC, Fox News, and KTBC Fox 7 in Austin. He has managed client accounts in industries that include: transportation, health care, energy, telecommunications and tech.
Contact Matt: email@example.com
Jamie Bennett | Vice president
Jamie has served as Press Secretary for the Republican Party of Texas and Communications Associate for the Texas Public Policy Foundation. He previously served as Assistant to the Chief of Staff on the Marco Rubio presidential campaign and interned in the Washington, DC congressional office of U.S. Rep. Will Hurd (R-TX).
Contact Jamie: firstname.lastname@example.org